Saturday, October 11, 2008

Passion

I just finished watching "Amadeus"--and before you music majors (are there any of you out there?) or general music history buffs jump down my throat, yes I know it's a fictional story without much of the truth about it. It was still interesting. And it was Mozart. Mozart is my comfort music. Seriously, I'm having an awful day, I start listening to Mozart, it gets better.

But that's not what I wanted to talk about.

See, the thing I noticed about the character of Mozart in the film was how much he was committed. Sure, he was interested in a lot of frivolous, worldly things and frittered away his time and money. But he also spent hours working and working and working. He was passionate about his music.

It strikes me that I need some of that passion. Not that I need to kill myself by working too hard. But I need to care, not just exist. This applies in my spiritual life and in whatever I do as well.



[NOTE: For those of you who haven't seen/heard of "Amadeus," I'd probably approach it with caution. There are definitely some FFW scenes.]

No comments: