Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Work

As I've mentioned before my work study job is at the school library. It's work that I'm suited to and that I, for the most part, enjoy doing. But I'm a college student and, as everyone who has been around us for more than ten minutes knows, college students love to complain. The weather, the food, classes, homework, work. It's easy to get caught up in the moment and enter the complain-fest. But recently I've been evaluating that part of me. Granted sometimes complaints are warranted and justifiable. If there is something that needs to be addressed I shouldn't keep silent. But constant complaining about my life does nothing to help me and everything to harm me. It really creates an atmosphere of negativity. How can I serve God when I am so busy thinking about how much I hate shelving?

Now I am a worry-wort and a complainer so I will, I am sure, fall into this trap again. But for the moment I am resolved to try to stop the flow of complaints before it starts and think instead of what good God is doing in my life.

No comments: