Sunday, June 29, 2008

An historic day

I went to the Post Office Friday morning and applied for a passport for the first time. *Eeep!* For some reason, this just makes the whole trip to England seem that much more real. (I'm still in the I-can't-believe-I'm-actually-going-this-must-be-a-dream state.)

Then I went over to the used bookstore across the street and almost died because they have so many books. Want, want, want. Unfortunately, they didn't have the one I really wanted to buy: The King of Attolia. Blast. But I did get I Capture the Castle in a lovely looks like new paperback edition for six dollars. YAY!

Also, I am re-reading Persuasion.

Let's see....I'm trying to think of any other happenings. Oh, job! I'm working at the local university now, cleaning dorms. This job is nice because it's so much less stressful than the job I had before. Granted, there's the "Oh no, we need to clean the whole dorm TODAY" kind of stress, but it's not like I'm feeling sick to my stomach whenever I think about work, which was happening before.

I'm also reading a ridiculous amount of books. Oh well, it's me. It happens.

My sister has left us and will be back on Tuesday (I think). She's in Santa Rosa, CA, attending the Young Woman's Conference. *tear* It's weird having the room to myself.

2 comments:

DebD said...

Before you know it you'll be boarding that plane. And when you get to England you'll have to go visit Hay-on-Wye - the used book capital of the world.

MaureenE said...

And when you get to England you'll have to go visit Hay-on-Wye - the used book capital of the world.

Ohhhh, you shouldn't have told me that. I had enough trouble on Friday.

Hay-on-Wye? It's going on my list.