Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thankfulness

Molly tagged me for this meme, so I guess I'd better do it. I actually didn't even notice that she'd tagged me until now, and unless I finish it I'll forget. So here goes:

5 Things I’m Thankful For Meme:

1. Write down five things that you’re thankful for.
2. Tag five friends who you’d like to see participate in this meme.
3. (Optional) Include a link to this post and encourage others to place a link to their completed meme in the comments section of this post so we can keep track of the thankfulness running around the blogosphere.

I am thankful for:

1. My parents. You may all say, "Aw, how sweet" if you wish. It's true. They gave me so much that I cannot even imagine life without. I mean, Orthodoxy, homeschooling, writing...man the list just keeps going on and on.

2. Books. No, seriously, this isn't a frivolous one. I should just make a collection of all the wonderful quotes about books there are out there. But here's one of my recent favorites, from a movie version of Arabian Nights: "Stories tell us how to live and why." And that's so true. There is a reason I am an English major. Books are so much a part of my life, it's slightly ridiculous. As you can probably tell, if you spend any time around this place.

3. God. Well, maybe this should have gone first. I mean, yes it should. It's first in importance. But I'm typing these as I'm thinking about them, and so often we start with the mundane (not that my parents are mundane, but you know what I mean) and move up. I don't have a conversion experience, or a time when I accepted God into my heart. He's just always been there. And now I work at deepening and strengthening my relationship with Him, growing and learning ways to serve Him. But I hope and pray that it will always be there.

4. Chocolate. Okay, this one is frivolous. But I am also thankful for it. Dark chocolate, of any sort...so amazing. I'm done.

5. Hmmmm.....I guess this one would really have to be friends. I don't know how I would make it all on my own! So many times my friends have given me the encouragement and guidance I've needed desperately. Thank you all.

And I'm never sure who's reading this exactly, so if you'd like to, you're tagged!

No comments: