Wednesday, December 05, 2007

School things

I had my last class of Medieval Art and Architecture today. Very sad. I really enjoyed that class since it was a subject I was interested in but didn't know much about. It was also very well taught and set up. I had brief crazy thoughts of switching to an art history major, but they died a quick and painless death. I'm an English major through and through.

My schedule for next semester is as follows:
Russian 232 (fourth semester)
Upper level creative writing poetry
Intro to Anthropology
Intro to Biology

The last two take care of the last of my general education requirements.

My study abroad application is in. Now I wait until March to find out if I'm accepted or not.

I'm busy with finals, so I'm not sure how much I'll be posting until the end of the week. Next week I have two finals on Friday and a paper due by Saturday, but the beginning of the week I'll have no class and no tests.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Prayers for good finals and a postive outcome on your application.

TulipGirl said...

How exciting, about the study abroad prospect! My brother really enjoyed his year at Oxford.

Is your interest in studying Russian related to you E.O. connection? (We lived in Ukraine--and reading the Bible in Russian has convinced me that I want to study Greek.)

Btw, I'm visiting you because I saw your comment over on True Womanhood.

MaureenE said...

Mimi, thank you!

Tulipgirl, yes it is exciting. It will just be sheer torture waiting to find out until March.

The Russian is definitely connected to the Orthodoxy. I've grown up with stories of Russian saints so I've always had a love for Russia which meant I thought taking Russian would be interesting. So here I am!