Thursday, December 20, 2007

This is killing me

We're taking care of a dog for two weeks. She's a lovely little spaniel and as sweet as they come. But that's not the point. The point is, I was taking her for a walk this morning and we passed a house that had a sign with "Christmas" "Jesus" and "Remember Him." The decorations on the house were a Christmas-y train and an inflatable Santa.

Oh, the irony.

It always amuses me when people profess support for a certain position but then don't follow up on it with their actions. Of course, I'm not a huge fan of most yard Nativity scenes either since I find most of them corny in the extreme, but at least you're decorating your yard according to your stated principles.

Back to the dog, for a moment. As far as walks go, she pulls a lot. Which is fine, but it's certainly a different way of going around the neighborhood. Instead of sedately wandering down the street, I'm pulled along with about forty pounds (an estimate, probably far off) of Dog on the end of the leash. Dog in a new place with lots of interesting smells, no less. It only got really bad when she noticed the flock of birds in the grass up ahead of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what the most nauseating thing is? When I see a manger scene... with santa kneeling before baby Jesus. Twisted my friend, twisted.

~VB