Wednesday, March 19, 2008

River Secrets: A review

River Secrets
by Shannon Hale

I finally finished it! I had let it sit for a long time and finally sat down and read the second half. Either I was in a bad mood that day, or the second half was better written because I got through it quite creditably. I still don't think it's as good as The Goose Girl and quite possibly Enna Burning, but it was nice to hear Razo's side of things.

I'd recommend it for someone who liked the other two books and wants to round out the series. (I think there's going to be one more, although I can't imagine who it's going to be about...Finn? Seems unlikely, but you never know.) I do still think the writing in the first part was oddly clunky, given Hale's usual graceful turn of phrase, but I'm willing to go with it.

No comments: