Thursday, August 02, 2007

Old friends

Yesterday was a delightful day. Almost a year after moving into this house, I finally got all of my books unpacked! (Well, except for the box that's coming back to school with me--but there was no room for those ones anyway.)

Let's think about what this means:

All of our L.M. Montgomery books--all 15 of them.
All of my Elizabeth Goudge books
Five Agatha Christies
The Boat Who Wouldn't Float
Barrie and Daughter
The Avion My Uncle Flew
Our picture books! Barbara Cooney, and Minnie and Ginger, and Drummer Hoff Fired it off, and...and....

I was very excited. Excited to the point of standing in front of the new bookcase with all of the books on it and cooing, the way people usually do when confronted with a new baby or a romantic picture, while my sister rolled her eyes.

I have my books back!

No comments: