Friday, June 19, 2009

I haven't posted very much lately. Somehow I've been feeling dry, thoughtless--not in the usual sense of the word but in the literal one, without thoughts. I read what others say so well and think, "Yes! Me too!" But sometimes it seems like that's all I have to add.

It's been hot the last few days, which hasn't helped. And I've had some hard news--two deaths in the extended church family--and some difficult news--the job I thought I had may not be mine after all (Elizabeth, it sounds like we had somewhat similar experiences).

So, I'm reflecting. On the one hand, I feel duty bound to write something. On the other...how to write when you have nothing to say?

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

So sorry to hear; death and job struggles.

Lord help us!

It is hard.

I too have been reading blogs and other things and often feel that I am not up to writing such things and so well.

I imagine that the transition from the riches of England to the dryness of a summer in the States is deep indeed.

All I know is that somehow God uses the deserts to form us and even to give us what we later will do and write.

My love. and small prayers tonight.

pilgrimchick said...

I'm sorry about the job--I can't imagine how hard it must be to find one at the moment (it took me a long time as it is to get to where I am today).

I'd love some hot weather--cool and rainy is all we're getting out here at the moment.

Pam H. said...

I've been feeling "mentally dull" for so long now I think I'm becoming accustomed to it (O NO!), so I think I can put up with a bit of it in others!

Write when you think you can, and enjoy the summer!

A Dusty Frame said...

((hugs))