Thursday, May 21, 2009

Refocusing

I've been re-reading the archives here for the past day or so, in connection with a project which will eventually be revealed. It struck me how much enthusiasm I had when I first started this blog. How much I posted.

So. I'm trying to refocus. Trying to capture some of that enthusiasm again. I don't know how much I'll be online this summer--I'm staying with friends for most of it and I have no idea what their internet situation is like--but I will try to post here as often as possible.

There's a corollary to all of this pondering. I'd like to know what you enjoy seeing here. It's my blog, etc, etc. But the best thing about blogs, in my opinion, is the sense of community they can create. If there's something I've done in the past that you've enjoyed, let me know. If there's something you've been curious about, let me know. It's a two-way street, so to speak.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one English major to another, I'd love to hear some (more) really analytical book reviews!

~obsessivejaneite

P.S. I'm not really "obsessive" in the bad sense of the word, but I just thought the name was catchy-sounding, as I don't have a Google account myself. Someday I will....

elizabeth said...

I enjoy hearing about what you are reading. For me it has been esp. special that you love Elizabeth Goudge! Would love to hear how you were introduced to her books... hope your summer is a great one - nice that you get to spend time with friends!

MaureenE said...

Obsessivejaneite, I'll keep that in mind. I haven't been reading very much recently, due to my lack of library card while in England. And I completely understand about they obsessive.

Elizabeth, I'll have to write that up some time. She is definitely one of my favorite authors.

Mimi said...

I was just thinking about your blog, my friend.

I agree, I also like to hear about what you are reading, and about Orthodoxy through your eyes.

Pam H. said...

Ditto, re janeite's comments.

I appreciate (VERY MUCH) the reciprocal comments. I'm repeatedly surprised at people who have great blogs but, when one comments, even repeatedly, they never acknowledge. (Makes me wonder if they wish I'd go away. And why do people blog if they don't want people they don't already know reading it....?)

MaureenE said...

Mimi, the Orthodoxy part is something I've wanted to post more about but then I feel so weird putting things out in public like that. We'll see.

Pam, I do try! Sometimes I don't succeed, especially towards the end of the school year.