Saturday, November 29, 2008

Re-reading

Re-reading The Thief, again. I can't get over how much I love this series and how impatient I am for the next book to come out. I've heard rumors of a 2010 release date. Please? EDIT: According to Publisher's Weekly, these are more than rumors. YES!!!

I also can't get over how differently you have to read this book the second (or sixth) time through. See, The Thief is one of those books that managed to take me totally by surprise. I think I knew that something was up, but I didn't know what. You read it again and all of a sudden certain lines have this very different resonance. You read the other books in the series and then read it again, and a whole nother set of lines have a very different resonance (some of them make me wince because I know what's coming and it hurts).

Incidentally, I more than highly recommend this series. The second book opens with an extremely distressing sequence of events but it ends beautifully. There is some language throughout all three, but nothing too awful. And they're amazing. I've got almost my entire family hooked on them.

No comments: