Friday, January 30, 2009

Tomorrow

I leave for London tomorrow. I can't believe it. I know that I'll be there as a sort of academic fact but I don't believe it in reality. I've got pretty much everything taken care of. I need to get some pounds probably some time on Sunday. Hopefully I can figure that out with Alice. And I need to call the bank and make sure they set up the right thing on my debit card. But other than that, I'm pretty much set. I've looked at the route I need to take to get to my orientation on time and it all looks feasible. So...I'm prepared and yet I'm not. It's a very strange feeling.

London blog post about leaving.

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

Safe travels! God be with you!

Mimi said...

Traveling mercies! Enjoy.

DebD said...

WooHoo - have a great flight!

pilgrimchick said...

Great job.

Let me make a suggestion to you. I also spent some "academic" time in England, and although the educational opportunities were great, my favorite part, hands down, was getting the opportunity to do some traveling around the country. London is quite a hub, and you can literally get almost anywhere in a few hours from there via train. Discounted tickets are available online, and you can get a student pass, too, which will also save money. I promise you that if you go there and only focus on academics, it will feel as if you haven't gone anywhere new at all.

Don't miss the British Museum.

Hannah said...

I'll be praying for ya!

MaureenE said...

Thanks for the prayers everyone!

Pilgrimchick, I definitely intend to do some travelling. And the campus for my program is literally around the corner from the BM so I'm sure I'll be there a lot.